cultivate (kuhl - tuh - veyt)
v. 1) develop 2) nurture

graft (grahft)
n. 1) transplant 2) bud 3) union

Thursday, September 6, 2012

This Is A Very Serious Post About Homeschooling

I decided to go easy on you today. 
Remember how I said I like lists? Remember how I said we homeschool?
I present to you...

Top Five Silly Homeschool Myths About Our Family:

1. We don't stay within our commune every day until the harvest is in.*
2. I don't think my kids are smarter than yours.
3. I'm NOT more patient than you.**
4. I don't think homeschooling is the only Christian option.
5. I am aware that my kids are just a little weird. I'm ok with that.***

I have serious opinions on these topics, but that's a post (or five) for another day. Suffice to say (for the meantime) that we're not the only homeschooling family who could post this about themselves. 


Laugh a Little,
Cynthia




*This is a joke. We live in a nice, normal home and depart from it almost every day. Also, I have a black thumb.
**No really. I'm not. The children are sworn to secrecy and the walls can't talk, so you'll just have to believe me on this one.
***Our girls just recently discovered that Dora is a show (they prefer The Dick Van Dyke Show), we don't shop at Justice for Girls (our closet is a frightening mish-mash of styles and eras) and my oldest studies Greek while my middle confuses cursive for Spanish. It's all good.

6 comments:

  1. WHAT!?! I am shocked and appalled! Juuuusstt joking...its like your in my head Cynthia! And we wear weird like a badge of honor around here. I seriously tell my kids, "If someone says your weird say, Thanks! Its a compliment!".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I didn't know you had a blog! Hahaha, Spanish and cursive, that sounds like Bhima. Except he is smarter than other people's kids. Of course that is because he only ever talks to me, at home, and I am more patient than other people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, my kid is smarter than your kids ;-) Too funny about Dora - that reminds me of a time when someone gave my child a quarter to put in the video game machine.
    No, weridness is not genetic. Well, maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Nicole!!
    Hini, I think you really are more patient than I...
    Mama, weirdness is genetic. It goes waaaaaay back in our family. Firmly rooted weirdness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't count how many times someone said to us, "Oh, I don't have the patience to homeschool." I always wanted to say something sarcastic: "We have so much patience. We're applying for sainthood."

    ReplyDelete
  6. That, Sir, is a fantastic response.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, but play nice.