cultivate (kuhl - tuh - veyt)
v. 1) develop 2) nurture

graft (grahft)
n. 1) transplant 2) bud 3) union

Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 In A Nutshell

I won't bore you with long-winded stories from this year. Here's the skinny on 2012:

January-We traveled to Texas to be with family, including rallying around my sister who was about to begin chemotherapy.
February-We celebrated the union of my sis-in-law to her husband.
March-We found out we were pregnant with our sweet Jubilee.
April-We traveled to Nebraska to celebrate the life and mourn the passing of Timothy's grandma.
May-We sold our house and moved into a home provided by God via dear friends.
June-We traveled to Texas to celebrate our niece's big tenth birthday and also keep rallying around my big sis (who later kicked cancer to the curb!).
July-My mom had a shiny new pacemaker installed.
August-We celebrated eleven years of marriage, and it keeps getting better!
September-The calendar is chock-full of visits with family and friends.
October-Mikayla had the wonderful opportunity to travel to Disneyland with her cousins, uncle (who was on leave from deployment) and grandparents.
November-We welcomed our fourth daughter, and last biological child, into our home.
December-The beauty of celebrating this season with ones we love, and missing those who cannot be near.

The one word God gave me for 2012 was "intentional". I'm not sure where that fit in with the above highlights. I'm not sure where it fit in between appointments to see the midwife, dentist, and piano lessons. I'm not sure where it fit in birthday parties and gatherings with friends and missionaries. I'm not convinced that I learned to be intentional. I'm a work in progress, to be sure.

God's word for me for 2013 is "preparation". For what, I have no clue. I can speculate, but nothing more. I feel slightly conspiratorial and awe-filled, like the moment Beaver tells the Pevensie children, "Aslan is on the move."

Whatever is in store, I pray we have grown from 2012 and stand in expectation of God's movement in 2013.

Happy New Year,
Cynthia



2 comments:

Please comment, but play nice.