cultivate (kuhl - tuh - veyt)
v. 1) develop 2) nurture

graft (grahft)
n. 1) transplant 2) bud 3) union

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Did That Really Just Happen? (Parenting Edition)

Welcome to another installment of *trumpet fanfare*

Did That Really Just Happen? (all-new Parenting Edition):

1. I spent 45 minutes detangling knots from a precious little noggin...and it wasn't Sophia's.*
2. I washed my face with hair butter.**
3. Timothy caught me scarfing a chocolate muffin out of a cereal bowl (I used a spoon and everything -that's an elaborate guise). The girls, however, were none the wiser.
4. I have horrified my children as only a mother can. At their insistence, I tried on skinny jeans. That'll teach 'em.***
aaaaaand...
5. Last night was "Presidents Night" at AWANA. I slapped a tie on my daughter and told her to hold up bunny ears. She was the only kid who went as Nixon.

Keepin' It Real,
Cynthia


*What exactly do nine year-old girls do to their hair?!?
**Now my chin hair should be silky and lustrous. Thank you for noticing.
***In other news, we're accepting donations for future therapy sessions for our children.

4 comments:

  1. Hee hee! I have used a cereal bowl to hide cookies before...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a new discovery for me! I'm looking forward to exploring what else I can hide in my cereal bowl.

      Delete
  2. Never a dull moment. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, but play nice.