1. We have an entire bucket dedicated to various combs and brushes.
2. Hair bows, flowers, clips and ponytail holders require their own zip code.
3. The decibel level gets exponentially louder at the sight of a harmless bug.
4. The decibel level gets exponentially louder every time Daddy arrives home.
5. The decibel level gets exponentially louder for no apparent reason.
6. Basically, girls are squealy.
7. Pink is it's own laundry load.
8. We get lots of sympathetic talks about what we're in for during the teenage years.
9. We get lots of sympathetic talks about wedding costs.
10. We get lots of sympathetic talks about boys and answering the door with a shotgun.
11. My husband gets sympathy no matter what.
12. Sparkles, dolls, and dress-up oh my!
13. Two words: Toilet Paper
14. American Girl and Nancy Drew books comprise half of their bookcase.
15. There is a steady stream of sewing or jewelry-making projects.
16. Their closet holds more dresses than their drawers do pants.
17. Painting nails is an outdoor sport.
18. Lip gloss, jewelry and purses are standard gifts.
19. We have a lot of lip gloss, jewelry and purses.
20. Amidst braiding hair, painting nails and playing with make-up, we make some of the funnest memories and have the best talks on the planet.
I wouldn't trade this season of all girls for anything. Someday boys will enter this crazy family, but for now we are entrusted with these precious girls. We are called to guard their hearts, have awkward body talks and train the next generation of wives and mothers. We've enjoyed every season thus far and prayerfully look forward to the stages still to come.
Loving My Girls,
P.S. While writing this post, I got asked to do rag curls.