cultivate (kuhl - tuh - veyt)
v. 1) develop 2) nurture

graft (grahft)
n. 1) transplant 2) bud 3) union

Monday, April 8, 2013

A Mile In My Shoes: My Daughter's Birth Mother

An opportunity for YOU to share your stories, in order that we might all learn to love more deeply.

This submission first appeared here and is reprinted on Cultivated Graftings with Jill's permission.

Some people are really curious about my daughters birth mother and I understand that. What I need you to understand is that I protect her to protect my daughter. My daughters birth mother is a very important piece of her history. This piece of history is a precious jewel that I will carry around for my daughter until she is ready to carry it herself. When I give my daughter this jewel, it will not be tarnished by your judgments or opinions.

I want you to know that it is never okay to disparage her birth mother. It is not okay to speculate. It is not okay to judge. In our house we speak of her in hushed and reverent tones. She is not the villain of our story, she is the hero. The unselfish, unsung hero. If you must know something about our birth mother, know that she is strong. Stronger, I think, than most. She is beautiful. I know this because my baby is the most beautiful child ever. She is brave, she is humble. She is loved.

Submissions may be e-mailed to: cultivatedgraftings@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. And, in our family, she is also in my prayers. Beautiful expression of love for her daughter's birth mother.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, but play nice.