cultivate (kuhl - tuh - veyt)
v. 1) develop 2) nurture

graft (grahft)
n. 1) transplant 2) bud 3) union

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Eraser Challenge

Every December approximately a bazillion blogs and articles crop up, instructing us in the finer ways of slowing down and enjoying the Christmas season. My inbox is flooded with well-meaning advice. As a blogger, I was feeling left out, so I figured why not make it a bazillion and one? 

Here's my simple two-step process:
1. Grab an eraser.
2. Apply it to your calendar.

BAM!


We are seriously over-thinking this. If you have too much going on in December, then finding time alone, taking a bubble bath, or shopping online is not going to solve the problem. Eliminating engagements on the calendar is. 


I promise you that not attending all three cookie exchanges will be OK. It seems every small group (Sunday School, MOPS, business, school, etc) feels obligated to have a Christmas party. Here's a novel idea: Don't. There are eleven other months in the year. Try one of those on for size. I think you'll find that group parties actually can occur outside of December. 


"Christmas" and "stress" are two words that should not go together with such familiar regularity. This season, go bold! Take a bubble bath because you have time, not because you need Calgon to take you away. 


Here's To Blank Spaces On The Calendar,

Cynthia

P.S. An insane December is indicative of an over-committed schedule all the live-long year. Carry the Eraser Challenge into January. 



6 comments:

  1. Amen! (and I'm glad bubble baths are still allowed ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't dream of snatching bubble baths away from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had a bubble bath since Mr. Bubble - "Bubbles you clean, and never leaves a bathtub ring." I think that was the late sixties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's something about stewing in your own filth that kinda ruins it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great reason to write everything on the calendar in pencil!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, but play nice.