How Not To Homeschool 101*
1. Read thousands of curriculum reviews until your head spins.**
2. Keep searching for the perfect curriculum.
3. Be a slave to the day planner.
4. Ignore the day planner.
5. Forget that you are still a wife.***
6. Judge other parents for making different schooling decisions than you.
7. Over commit to activities.
8. Fret about whether they're "getting enough".
9. Get lazy.
10. Lose sight of why you began this crazy homeschooling journey in the first place: Love.****
I could easily quadruple this list, but I've got to save something for another post, right? Besides it's time for this family to rock the school books.
Learning Alongside My Kids,
*Don't ask me how I know.
**Head spinning tends to freak out the kids.
***Apparently it's not enough to own a "Sexy Homeschooling Mom" t-shirt. Just whatever.
****It's the same motivator for parents who choose public, private, charter, whathaveyou; We love those rascals around the dinner table.