OK. I think I've made it fairly clear that this is not a house-wifey, homesteading type blog. However, every once and a while I hit on something that makes housey stuff go a little smoother. Here (in no particular order) are a few kick-butt tricks that work for me:
1. Cream of tartar and table salt work well to clean copper-bottomed pans. You know, if you're into shiny pans.
2. LemiShine works amazingly well on hard water spots on dishes. Buy some and dump it in your dishwasher.
3. Failed Attempt at Home Made Frozen Hash Browns Resulting in Frozen Potato Mush + Waffle Iron = Hash Browns. 'Nuff said.
4. 2:1 ratio of Hydrogen Peroxide to blue Dawn Dish soap will remove just about any stain in your clothes; even stains from a red shirt bleeding all over a load of clothes which then went straight into the dryer. I'm not bitter.
5. Eucalyptus oil on the bottom of your feet will help with congestion/drainage issues (especially at night).* It makes me a much more attractive person in the morning.
6. Use your mixer to shred cooked meats. Unless, of course, you're dining on filet mignon and prefer it in one piece...
7. Soaking your fruits and veggies in a bowl of water with a splash of white vinegar will keep them fresh for longer. Just don't forget about them for a couple of hours while you play seven games of Candyland on the floor in the living room. Or so I've heard.
Seven is the number of completion, so I'll stop here and let these random tips complete your day. You're welcome for the cheesy closer.
Trying To Live Smarter-Not Harder,
P.S. All above mentioned brands have no idea I exist and aren't compensating me for my stellar endorsement. Bummer for me.
*Some people need to dilute it in a carrier oil (olive, jojoba, coconut, whatever). I'm a toughie and slap it on undiluted. Also, I'm no doctor, so no suing me if you burn the soles of your feet clean off.